TEACHING ARTIST Application
Arts Integration Menomonie (A.I.M.) hires professional artists for its C.I.T.A. (Co-teaching In and Through the Arts) program.
C.I.T.A. engages teaching artists in co-teaching residencies within elementary schools of the the School District of the Menomonie Area, whereupon teaching artists work with teachers in their classrooms with students to deliver instruction in a curricular area through an art form. Residencies are by request of the classroom teacher and are approved by the CITA Teaching Artist Coordinator.
Teaching artists are part of a highly skilled community of arts integration experts. They are professional artists and skilled collaborators with experience in educational settings.
A TEACHING ARTIST IS
- An accomplished artist in his/her field.
- A collaborative instructor, proficient at sharing the responsibilities of planning, instructing, and engaging teachers and young people in learning in, through, and about his/her art form.
A.I.M. is looking for professional artists in the following fields:
- Music, Dance, Visual arts, Media Arts, and other arts-related fields.
Preferred qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, complementary to the job specifications
- An expert in an art discipline
- Teaching or teaching-related experience, preferably with elementary students
- Experience working collaboratively in a professional environment
- Interest in participating in professional development
- Demonstrated enthusiasm around the arts and education
- Knowledge of the Menomonie community
A.I.M.'s teaching artists are representatives not only of A.I.M. but also of the School District of the Menomonie Area and the University of Wisconsin-Stout. A.I.M.'s teaching artists are experienced professionals in the field of arts integration and operate with integrity and thoughtfulness.
Expectations, regarding professionalism of A.I.M. teaching artists are:
- A demonstrated commitment towards achieving the highest quality of work
- Professional, frequent, and timely communication
- Timely submission of paperwork
- Prompt attendance
- A respectful and positive attitude
- A willingness to listen and respond to constructive feedback, including observations and evaluations
- An interest in continual learning and openness to new strategies and methods
- Professional appearance
APPLICATION PROCESS AND POLICY
It is A.I.M.'s policy to recruit and hire on an equal opportunity basis without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual preference, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Applicant policies and procedures:
- Accepted applications are based upon a flexible working schedule within the school day (8am-3pm).
- Accepted applications will be limited based upon need and art form.
- Applicants may be called upon for an interview.
APPLY TO BE A C.I.T.A. TEACHING ARTIST
Submissions may also be sent:
- By post office
Amy Weber, Arts Integration Menomonie
School District of the Menomonie Area
215 Pine Avenue NE
Menomonie, WI 54751
Please include the following materials with submission:
- Cover letter
- List of three professional references
- List of possible supplies needed for your art form
- Optional artifacts (artist statement, portfolio, website, videos, etc.) that showcase your art and/or your teaching