P.A.I.N.T. INTERNSHIP application
we are CURRENTLY accepting applications for summer and FALL 2018 internships. links to applications are at the bottom of this page.
Arts Integration Menomonie (A.I.M.) accepts applications from Art Education or Early Childhood Education students at UW-Stout to participate in its P.A.I.N.T. (Program for Arts Integration for New Teachers) program. The P.A.I.N.T. program offers 40-hour internships to these pre-service teachers who are interested in teaching an arts-based class in the Menomonie community or school district.
P.A.I.N.T. interns are selected based upon the college level of the applicant; the applicant's schedule; reference checks; prior PAINT experiences; and the quality of responses in the application.
PAID INTERNS earn $500
For their participation and completion of the 40-hour internship, PAINT interns will receive a $500 stipend each if/when all expectations have been met.
EXPECTATIONS for p.a.i.n.t. interns
Expectations of the P.A.I.N.T. pre-service teacher participant include:
- Arts teaching at a community or school organization for approximately 40 hours within the semester.
- Demonstrating professionalism and a positive attitude.
- Completing paperwork and surveys, and responding to emails in a timely manner.
- Respectful and timely communication with partner intern, P.A.I.N.T. Coordinator, and students.
- Lesson planning in advance with teaching partner (if applicable) to be shared and discussed with P.A.I.N.T. Coordinator.
- Arrive to internship site on time every time.
- Absolutely no cell phones while working.
- Business casual attire. A.I.M. t-shirt (free) is encouraged. Aprons available to protect clothes from art messes.
APPLICATION PROCESS AND POLICY
It is A.I.M.'s policy to recruit and hire on an equal opportunity basis without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual preference, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.
The A.I.M. organization adheres to the following job applicant policies and procedures:
- The application review team includes UW-Stout faculty members. Performance, attendance, attitude and behavior at the university may have implications on applicant's acceptance, continuation, or cancellation of internship.
- Application review team may prioritize new participants.
- Application review team may prioritize past interns who have demonstrated a high level of professionalism.
- Applicants may be rejected or internships may be cancelled based upon any background check offenses, Candidate of Concern reports, reference checks, or any concerns regarding university or internship performance/behavior/disposition.
- Applicant responses to essay questions are highly regarded by reviewers.
- INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
- Hired applicants must submit a signed Agreement for Employment.