MINI RESIDENCY REQUEST by SDMA ELEMENTARY TEACHERS
earn $300 to EXPLORE ARTS INTEGRATION! apply below!
REQUESTS are closed at this time for residencies in THE 2017-18 SCHOOL YEAR
SDMA elementary teachers can explore arts integration with any of A.I.M.'s teaching artists by participating in a C.I.T.A. (Co-teaching In and Through the Arts) mini-residency! The mini-residency opportunity allows SDMA PK-5 teachers to collaborate with one A.I.M.'s professional artists to integrate an art form into a lesson or unit that they teach. For each "mini residency," a teacher may work with the artist for 5-10 sessions (40-60 min.s each) throughout one curricular unit. Classroom teachers who try out a mini-residency with a teaching artist will earn a $100 stipend to practice arts integration in a subject area unit with students. Teachers can earn an additional $200 if they integrate the learned art form into another curricular unit- this time independently (without the teaching artist).
a.i.m.'S teaching ARTISTS FOR MINI RESIDENCIES
KRIS WINTER, STORYTELLING/THEATER arts
KOBI SHAW, CIRCUS ARTS
BEAU JANKE, MUSIC/VISUAL ARTS
TAMI RAE WEISS, VISUAL arts
SELECTION PROCESS FOR TEACHER REQUESTS
- A.I.M.'s CITA Coordinator will review requests for Teaching Artists.
- Request approvals are based upon artist availability.
- Priority will be given to early career teachers and mentors of UW-Stout student teachers.
- Submit requests with a minimum of 2 weeks' notice.
- Not all requests may be approved.
QUESTIONS? have an idea? seeking an idea?
Contact CITA Coordinator, Kris Winter, to discuss arts integration ideas and/or address any questions you may have:
- Email - firstname.lastname@example.org