Arts Integration Menomonie (AIM) is an organization developed around 2 major goals:
- To enhance teacher capacity, confidence, and well-being
- To improve the retention of pre-service teachers and early career teachers within the teaching profession.
AND HOW DOES A.I.M. DO THAT?
Through Arts Integration Planning and Practices and Collaborative Models of Teaching.
In order to better reach and teach students, teachers (and pre-service teachers) will integrate the arts into their teaching practices and develop collaborative and sustainable arts teaching/learning partnerships and experiences:
- Within university teacher education programs - UW-Stout Art Education, Early Childhood Education, and Studio Art.
- Between the university - UW-Stout and the PK-12 school district - Menomonie Elementary Schools.
- Among the university - U.W-Stout and community non-profit organizations like The Mabel Tainter Center for the Arts.