Arts Integration Menomonie (AIM) is an organization developed around 2 major goals:
- To enhance teacher competence, confidence, and well-being
- To improve the retention of pre-service teachers and early career teachers within the teaching profession.
AND HOW DOES A.I.M. DO THAT?
Through Arts Integration practices and collaborative models of teaching.
In order to better reach and teach students, teachers (and pre-service teachers) will integrate the arts into their teaching practices and develop collaborative and sustainable arts teaching/learning partnerships and experiences:
- Within university teacher education programs: UW-Stout Art Education and Early Childhood Education programs
- Between the university and school district: UW-Stout and the School District of the Menomonie Area (SDMA)
- Among the university and community: - UW-Stout and community organizations, including the Mabel Tainter Center for the Arts (MTCA)